Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature ideas, feedback from customer

Hello again,

I've deployed your theme twice now and the customers have loved it. It's simple, attractive, intuitive, etc. Great job!

In deploying the sites, the customer has requested some changes and I have come up with some feature ideas that I think would be awesome. I've implemented many of them in the child themes, but I figured I'd share them with you anyways. Some of these ideas would be super cool in this theme IMHO.

Here goes:
    • The Jumbotron is too big...oh you fixed it! Awesome. I was going to suggest a small/medium/large option, but the ability to adjust the padding is great. This is a pain to override.
    • The header on the documentation pages in particular take up way too much space. The docs pages shouldn't have a header. What I would love to see is a smallish Doc category title centered up top, followed by a breadcrumb, but then put the minimized search bar (as a magnifying glass that expands when you hover) in the very top right of the header. Take a look at developer.android.com, they do a really nice job of it. The doc title does not need the page header icon either (though I get why you've used it). The actual documentation page content should start within the first 20% of the height of the page, whereas now, the current header takes up 50% on my screen resolution. How about two templates for this page - one with the header, and one without?
    • A small side menu on the right side of the screen that picks up and displays H1s and H2s within the current page. See here: https://developer.klocwork.com/docum...-intellij-idea This can be done with jquery I think, and is useful for long pages with many levels.
    • The customer wanted to see persistent URLS for the documentation pages, rather than have each doc page URL default to the category name. Dunno if this is possible and didn't bother me as much since you can still paste a page URL.
    • How about a nice faceted search like this: http://developer.android.com/index.html#q=material design
    • Tags. The ability to tag documentation/FAQ/KB. This is a big one. I think we talked about this before and you were against it. Here's why it would be cool: we publish all of our pages using XML-DITA. We have the ability to add metadata (tags) into our content. We can use the tags for, as an example, faceted search. Metadata opens up some really cool possibilities.
    • Speaking of metadata, here's an example: it would be cool to tie together related docs with related blogs/kb/forum via a web part that grabs content with similar metadata and renders it on a page. Check out this page again:
    https://developer.klocwork.com/docum...-intellij-idea

This is a Drupal site, but the related videos and related blogs boxes on the right are pulled in dynamically via metadata in the docs and in the videos/blogs. I would love to see that in this theme.
    • On the main page, how about an optional carousel halfway down the page. This can be used for product announcements.
    Anyways, these are just a few ideas. As always, keep up the great work. I'm excited to see what you add in the future.

Thanks for the list of features really helpful and surely we will implement features that are most helpful. Thanks again.
    Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
    Founder & CEO
    WpSmartApps.com

Comment

We are looking for more ideas...

Have any feedback or ideas that can make theme manual more powerful then please let us know.
      Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
      Founder & CEO
      WpSmartApps.com

Comment

A Q&A feature would be great. Something like the "DW Question & Answer Pro WordPress Plugin" (also available at CodeCanyon). I have tried a few Q&A plugins with the Manual theme, but all of them have CSS conflicts and look ugly Having a Q&A option built into the core Manual theme would be awesome

Comment

• mmaxson
          mmaxson commented
          Editing a comment
          This feature would be huge for me too. I am looking into DW Question & Answer too right now, but am having some issues with it looking nice. Thanks!

The 'option' to set a default header image for pages, posts, knowledgebase article, documentation page and portfolio page.

We have the option to set a custom header image inside each new page, post, knowledgebase article, documentation page and portfolio page, but it would be nice to use/show a default image if no custom image is added.

If you already have a website with many pages and 1000's of posts, it would take a very long time to manually set a nice header image inside each page/post (unless they want the current default grey boring/bland header colour)...
        Hope that makes sense

Comment

Thanks for the lovely idea, if possible we going to implement default header on our upcoming version and we thinking to implement Q/A inside theme manual but it might take some time
          Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
          Founder & CEO
          WpSmartApps.com

Comment

Can you update the documentation along with each update? You often release new features and I don't know where they exist or how to adjust them. Thanks!

Comment

The update documentation for the theme manual going to be available on our live site soon.
              Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
              Founder & CEO
              WpSmartApps.com

Comment

Hi Jabin,
                From my earlier post above (03-13-2016, 11:24 PM)
                Any idea when the 'default header image' feature will be added? Back in Mcrch you said it will added in an upcoming version. Will it be added soon? With thanks Scott

Comment

Yes we try to implement but the feature did not function best when we ran frequent test. It will be added but not sooner.
                  Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
                  Founder & CEO
                  WpSmartApps.com

Comment

Our company purchased "Manual Theme". we should add rtl.css for using theme in our language (persian).
                    I'm using parallax row type in Visual Composer but it doesn't render properly when the page is include rtl.css and without rtl.css looks fine!
                    demo site : http://demo.apk.co.ir
                    plz help how to fix this problem?

Comment

All css coding looks ok, We will send you the solution after complete problem analysis.
                      Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
                      Founder & CEO
                      WpSmartApps.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jabin Kadel View Post
                      All css coding looks ok, We will send you the solution after complete problem analysis.
                      No solution sent yet! any idea about cause of problem?

Comment

We checked all possible issue and all looks ok, It looks like the add-on plugins might causing the issue. Can you please deactivate extra add-on plugins one by one and check it.

Best Regards,

Jabin Kadel
                        Founder & CEO
                        WpSmartApps.com

Comment

I disabled all plugins but problem not solved. Every time we add rtl.css to header by any solution the page is not rendered properly!!
                          any idea???

Comment

Working...
                          X